Monday, February 27, 2012

A Mothers Instinct

One of the main goals of my blog, is to help someone else not to have to go through everything we have and learn things the hard way.  I was 26 when Mia was born, and she is an only child.  Every time I would take her to the doctor or suspect something was wrong, I would get the "oh, your a first time Mom, don't worry..."  I got so over hearing the first time Mommy syndrome I could scream.  I heard it from doctors, family, my spouse,...you name it.  The biggest lesson I have learned on our journey is to trust my motherly instinct.  If you feel something is wrong with your child, advocate, and don't take no for an answer.  Most of the time that motherly instinct that God instilled in us is right.  Grant it, I haven't like being right a lot on this journey.  I was told a lot, "your always looking for something to be wrong" but that wasn't the case....I just couldn't help that there was always something wrong.  Your child is God's first, and yours second.  He trusts that he has given you all the tools you need to care for that child while they are here on this earth.  Trust yourself, pray, and find at least one person who can love and support your feelings, fears, and decisions.  Hopefully that can be your spouse, but it's okay if it takes them time to accept what they cannot change.  I am here for anyone that needs support, because believe me, I have been through many things that have made me who I am today, and I am not afraid of the mistakes I have learned from, and want to share and help anyone who needs a shoulder from someone that understands.

No comments:

Post a Comment