Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Hope Comes in Pieces – The Story Behind the Story1

The Brick Wall

The way this book came together is nothing less than meant to be.  For years, people had been telling me to write a book.  Every time I went somewhere and shared our family’s story, I heard the same thing, “You need to write a book!”  Me trying to do just that led to one disappointment after another.


Fall of last year, Craig got home late one night.  He opened his laptop.  I worked on mine as well. He said something like, Here is the guy my boss told me about.  I looked at the linkedin profile.  I got happy.  Craig told me how long he had known about the lead.  Then, I got angry.  He had gotten the referral about eight months before and never told me.  Later, it became clear that his not telling me was part of our being destined to find this resource.  I am to the point that, even if Craig had intended to tell me every day the very moment he came in the front door, something would have distracted him and caused him to forget until the appointed time.

Starting with the end results, after years of frustration and disappointments, in seven months from the reboot, we have a complete, entirely new, and better manuscript.  Other than a few medical record checks, it’s all done.  We do expect some other changes depending how we choose to publish the book.

Furthermore, the new manuscript earned an outstanding endorsement from a very reputable and respected physician.  Next, instead of one book, we are headed toward four books.

More on the next blog, but from Craig’s first contact, it was pretty evident our frustrations were a thing of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment