Thursday, June 25, 2015

So Very Careful, So Very Uninformed

She was so tiny.  Craig and I were so careful to hold her head, to strap her into her special car seat so gingerly, to swaddle her just like she liked it.  All that time, the simple act of feeding her was making her ill.  We had found out that she was allergic to regular formula, which is a story all to itself. But, there was more to it than switching her to formula for sensitive infants.

Nursing was never presented as an option.   I thought it was because of my difficult pregnancy and delivery.  In hindsight, it had more to do with the floor where I was admitted.  It probably wouldn’t have made a difference anyway

So there I was, doing the natural thing, doing the doctor prescribed thing that was all good for Mia only to find out otherwise in the worse sort of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment