Monday, June 8, 2015

Hope Comes in Pieces – The Story Behind the Story2

In my last blog post, The Story Behind The Story 1, I wrote that Craig and I were destined to find the resource who is helping us with Hope Comes in Pieces. Craig had gotten the lead eight months before telling me.  At first, I got angry only to realize that the matching and timing were just too good to be coincidental. Personality and communication styles are a good match for our family.

The most interesting fact- If I had called him eight months earlier, he would not have been able to accept the project.   I know I would have called the moment I found out.  He would have politely resisted with, “I understand where you are coming from but I can’t.”   He was acting as a ghostwriter on a project while simultaneously working in healthcare technology and finance.

The author our resource worked  with decided not to finish the book though very happy with the work.  He had settled and closed out the project when Craig called on the second day after.

We exchanged some emails.  When I called our resource, we spoke about what I felt we needed. He quickly realized that we needed quit a lot.  I really didn’t go into convince mode.  I just explained our situation.  Basically, his question was, “Will you finish the book, because that’s really important to me?”    

Of course, I said yes.  And here we are, me going through Mia's shot records again as one of final checks.

Writing this book the way we did was painful,therapeutic, and well worth the process..

No comments:

Post a Comment